Things, things, things! The ReUse Academy (RUA) is a repository for all sorts of things which can be saved from landfill. Our goal is to have as many things as possible re-used, re-purposed, re-jigged, up-cycled and re-loved!
All items in the RUA are available to take away for a small donation.
We welcome your pre-loved items too. All clean, useful and interesting things considered – though best check our list of preferred goodies on the right.
Pre-school, school and community groups wanting arty/crafty items for projects are very welcome. Please email or phone us to arrange your visit.
The RUA rooms include:
Garden Room / Wahi Ipu Mara
Nik-Nak Nook / Taonga Maha
Packaging Place / Kokonga Pepamāro
Textile Treasures / Taonga Pūeru
Jar Bar / Ipu Pounamu
Crafty Corner / Kokonga Mahi Toi
Festive reFinery / Hākari Kakahu Whakapaipai
Paper Palace / Wāhi Pepa
What We CAN Take
Please ensure your items are clean. This is not an exhaustive list, please ask a WhEB Volunteer on your way past the office.
- card and cardboard for art projects, cardboard tubes/rolls, packets/boxes
- Christmas decorations
- containers – buckets, icecream and plant pots (with lids)
- corflute, poster board
- egg cartons
- fixings – screws, nails, washers, catches
- foil and tinsel
- jars (with lids)
- materials and other textiles
- paper – plain, coloured, textured
- pinecones – small ones (for decorations only)
- reusable carry bags
- seeds – non-poisonous
- sewing notions – hooks and eyes, buttons, threads, wool, ribbons, string and cord, zips and fasteners
- soft wire
- wrapping paper, greeting cards
What We Can’t Take
- cooking pots and pans, utensils
- electrical/electronic appliances and items
- glassware – drinking glasses, ornaments
- ceramics, broken china
- … please ask us before dropping things off